Re: encoding names

От Karel Zak
Тема Re: encoding names
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
On Mon, Sep 03, 2001 at 10:02:44AM +0900, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
> Thanks for the patches. I will check them as soon as possible.  Also,
> I would like to ask Hiroshi and others who are working for the ODBC
> driver to check if everything is ok.

 Thanks.

> >  I found new bug in command/variable.c in parse_client_encoding(), nobody
> > probably never see this error:
> >
> > if (pg_set_client_encoding(encoding))
> > {
> >     elog(ERROR, "Conversion between %s and %s is not supported",
> >                      value, GetDatabaseEncodingName());
> > }
> >
> > because pg_set_client_encoding() returns -1 for error and 0 as true.
> > It's fixed too.
>
> ??? In C, anthing other than 0 is evaluted to true. So the original
> code would work as expected.

 Grrrr, I'm really forget my brain at home sometime.... (But with "< 0"
it's more readable, right?:-)

--
 Karel Zak  <zakkr@zf.jcu.cz>
 http://home.zf.jcu.cz/~zakkr/

 C, PostgreSQL, PHP, WWW, http://docs.linux.cz, http://mape.jcu.cz

От: Tatsuo Ishii
Сообщение: Re: encoding names
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: Patch for pl/tcl Tcl_ExternalToUtf and Tcl_UtfToExternal