Re: 2 tables, joins and same name...

От Ross J. Reedstrom
Тема Re: 2 tables, joins and same name...
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Sat, Sep 01, 2001 at 09:44:19AM -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Ross,
>
> > Have you seen "Database Design for Mere Mortals" by Michael
> > Hernandez?
>
> Yeah, that's one I've been loaning out a lot.  However, while it does
> cover a lot of good stuff about how to design a database, it never gets
> past the most elementary SQL ... really, no further than Bruce gets.
> And if I recommend Hernandez together with "SQL for Smarties", well,
> that's over 600 pages combined ...
>
> What I'd really love to see, I guess, would be a 200 page "Elements of
> SQL" book organized into "lessons" for the beginner.  Maybe with an
> additional 75 pages of Q&A examples at the back.
>
> Maybe I should write one.
>
> > And there's another one, that I can only remember as 'the pink book',
> > I can never remember the title! that struck me as a reasonably good
> > intro to intermediate level book.
>
> Oh, that'll make me friends at Stacy's Bookstore.  "I'm not sure of the
> title, and I don't know the author or publisher, but it's about
> databases and it's pink."  ;-P

I can see it "No, database, not dating, really!"

Poking around Amazon, I find:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0201447878/ref=pd_sim_books/102-0290590-5673700

The Practical Sql Handbook : Using Structured Query Language

which has the shocking pink cover. The've got a "Sequel", with supposedly
more advanced topics which is green.

And Hernandez has an "SQL Queries for Mere Mortals"

I haven't seen _any_ of these books for over a year, and know a lot more
SQL than I did then, so take any recommendations with a grain of salt.

Ross

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: