Re: [WAY OT] Re: PL/java?

От Daniel Kalchev
Тема Re: [WAY OT] Re: PL/java?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Well,

mod_perl is not exactly slow... and I believe any JAVA program will be slower
than the respective PERL program (there are newbie books for both languages :)

But, perhaps you talk WINDOWS? If so, any software on WINDOWS can be slower
than any other software on WINDOWS... just because they happen to link so some
weird DLL.

Daniel

>>>"Alex Knight" said:
 > Not really.
 >
 > Yes, AWT sucks. Yes, Swing sucks. Java's gui code can be INCREDIBLY lame.
 > But for server-side situations, Java can be incredibly scalable.
 >
 > I wasn't comparing a perl CGI script and a J2EE server, other than saying
 > perl simply doesn't offer what J2EE does. Furthermore, I've seen more
 > newbies
 > write perl cgi scripts in an enterprise environment and break the site
 > the minute traffic picks up.
 >
 > IMHO, scalability is incredibly important, and perl leaves that out often.
 > Even with Fast-CGI style servers, perl sucks. Perl is great for admin
 > interfaces, or low to medium traffic sites.

 Perl is far faster than java in about any practical application I did.

От: "Robert J. Sanford, Jr."
Сообщение: Re: PL/java?
От: A_Schnabel@t-online.de (Andre Schnabel)
Сообщение: Re: PgAdmin question - superuser