Re: pg_dump failure, can't get data out...

От Larry Rosenman
Тема Re: pg_dump failure, can't get data out...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
* Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> [010826 19:25]:
> Larry Rosenman <ler@lerctr.org> writes:
> > I had upgraded yesterday and *THOUGHT* all was fine.
> > Forgot to pg_dump, so I restored my $PGLIB and bin directory, now get
> > the following when I try to pg_dump:
>
> Uh ... you did what exactly?  Upgraded from what to what?  And what's
> this about "restoring the bin directory"?  We've forced initdb often
> enough in the past weeks that I'd not think the data directory would
> be interchangeable across development versions more than a few days
> apart...
I had dumped and initdb'd to yesterdays sources.  I then ran for a
while.  My backup ran last nite/this am.

I then cvs update'd today, and compiled/installed.  Got the initdb
warning (missing the initdb forced, my fault, and stupid).

I then restored my /usr/local/pgsql/bin and /usr/local/pgsql/lib
directory from the tape cut last nite.

I then get the posted error's.

:-(

LER

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: pg_dump failure, can't get data out...
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: pg_dump failure, can't get data out...