Re: Permissions for large-object comments

От Shane Wegner
Тема Re: Permissions for large-object comments
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Aug 25, 2001 at 02:45:40AM +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Tom Lane writes:
>
> > Shane Wegner <shane@cm.nu> writes:
> > > test=> \lo_unlink 89803
> > > ERROR:  pg_description: Permission denied.
> >
> > Hmm.  Maybe those client-side comment manipulations in psql aren't
> > such a hot idea.  I know I never tested them as non-superuser :-(
>
> :-(
>
> > Shane, try that from a superuser Postgres userid.  Meanwhile,
> > it's back to the drawing board for us.
>
> I'm not sure about the future of the large objects, so I'm less eager to
> invent a new mechanism.  I'm open to ideas, however.

Well as I'm not a developer, this it out of my league.
However, if the future of large objects is in question, is
there a better way I should be storing large chunks of
binary data in the database.  The text column doesn't seem
to support it.
Regards,
Shane

--
Shane Wegner: shane@cm.nu             http://www.cm.nu/~shane/
PGP:          1024D/FFE3035D             A0ED DAC4 77EC D674 5487             5B5C 4F89 9A4E FFE3 035D