Re: A couple items on TODO

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: A couple items on TODO
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> As I was browsing TODO, I noticed a couple unassigned items that I may be
> able to help with (I haven't worked with the source before):
>
> *Add use of 'const' for variables in source tree

I would discuss this item with the hackers list and see exactly what
people want done with it.

> *Convert remaining fprintf(stderr,...)/perror() to elog()

The issue here is that some calls can't use elog() because the context
is not properly set up yet so we need to identify the non-elog error
calls and figure out if they should be elog().

> Neither seemed to be active at all.
>
> I also noticed that this item has been there for a while:
> *Encrpyt passwords in pg_shadow table using MD5 (Bruce, Vince)

This is done.  I forgot to mark it.  I just marked it now.

Pennsylvania19026