Re: encoding names

От Karel Zak
Тема Re: encoding names
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Aug 16, 2001 at 03:39:28PM +0900, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
> >  I have now some time for implement this my suggestion. Or is better
> > let down this for 7.2? You are right that it's trivial :-)
>
> I think you should target for 7.2.
>
> >  Note: My motivate for this is that I have some multi-language DB
> >        with Web interface and for current version of PG I must maintain
> >        separate table for transformation "standard" names to PG encoding
> >        names and vice-versa:-)
> >
> >  Well, I try send some patch.
>
> Thanks. BTW, I'm working on for dynamically loading the Unicode
Sorry Tatsuo, but I have again question :-)
Why is here hole between encoding numbers?

#define KOI8   16                               /* KOI8-R/U */
#define WIN    17                               /* windows-1251 */
#define ALT    18                               /* Alternativny Variant */
19..31 ?

#define SJIS 32                                 /* Shift JIS */
#define BIG5 33                                 /* Big5 */
#define WIN1250  34                             /* windows-1250 */
It's trouble create arrays with encoding stuff, like:
pg_encoding_conv_tbl[ ALT ]->to_micpg_encoding_conv_tbl[ SJIS ]->to_mic
Has this hole between 19..31 some effect?
        Karel

-- Karel Zak  <zakkr@zf.jcu.cz>http://home.zf.jcu.cz/~zakkr/C, PostgreSQL, PHP, WWW, http://docs.linux.cz,
http://mape.jcu.cz

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL buffer exploits
От: mlw
Сообщение: Re: MS interview