Re: Patch: use SCM_CREDS authentication over PF_LOCAL sockets

От Marc G. Fournier
Тема Re: Patch: use SCM_CREDS authentication over PF_LOCAL sockets
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
On Mon, 13 Aug 2001, Garrett Wollman wrote:

> <<On Mon, 13 Aug 2001 10:14:14 -0400, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> said:
>
> > A more significant objection is that you've extended the wire protocol
> > by adding a new authorization protocol, but have fixed only one client
> > library and not touched the protocol documentation at all.  There's a
> > lot more work needed to make this a complete patch.
>
> It works for me, in the applications that I care about, and that's all
> matters to me.  If you don't want to take advantage of the work that
> I've done (it took about an hour), that's not my concern.

First off, as Tom states, it won't apply to current sources ... can you
supply a patch that will work with -CURRENT?

Second, are you willing to provide patches for the protocol documentation?

Third, and more directed to Tom ... if applied, would this break the other
client libraries, or only make it available to those that have been fixed?