Re: RE: how do i...

От Roberto Mello
Тема Re: RE: how do i...
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Sun, Aug 12, 2001 at 12:11:10AM -0500, Robert J. Sanford, Jr. wrote:

> i have now discovered that every row in every table is
> automatically given a globally unique OID. that's pretty
> cool. that means that i don't have to personally create
> an OID column for every table. excellent.
>
> i also enjoy that i can use the OID as an index on tables.
> nice, very nice. thank you for making my life easier.
It's not a good idea to use OIDs as your primary keys as pointed out
by someone else. Look in the documentation for the SERIAL datatype. It
will create sequences for you and do the equivalent of what you see in the
AUTOINCREMENT types in Access.
-Roberto
--
+------------| Roberto Mello - http://www.brasileiro.net |------------+    Computer Science, Utah State University -