RE: pg_connect vs. pg_pconnect

От Brent R. Matzelle
Тема RE: pg_connect vs. pg_pconnect
Дата
Список pgsql-php
--- "Hunter, Ray" <rhunter@enterasys.com> wrote:
> I took the advise of Brent Matzelle about 'not mixing
> connections' and
> switched to using pg_connect.  This has solved all my
> problems.  I am
> currently using php4.0.4pl1-9 and postgres 7.0.3 on Redhat
> 7.1.
>
> I have no connections that are persisent and found that even
> with all my
> queries I can use the same connection.

I am glad that it is working correctly.  Also, I also have had
problems with connections when trying to use pg_pconnect() while
specifying a remote database host.  This is true with several of
the PHP *_pconnect() functions that I have tested.  So my rule
of thumb is use pg_pconnect() only if the database is located on
the localhost, otherwise use pg_connect().

Brent