Re: OID wraparound: summary and proposal

От Tatsuo Ishii
Тема Re: OID wraparound: summary and proposal
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Based on the discussion so far, here is an attempt to flesh out the
> details of what to do with OIDs for 7.2:
>
> 1. Add an optional clause "WITH OIDS" or "WITHOUT OIDS" to CREATE TABLE.
> The default behavior will be WITH OIDS.

What about having an additional Oid generator which solely serves for
supplying user tables' per row Oids? It seems relatively easy to
implement, comparing with 64-bit Oids or Oid-less tables. I assume
that the Oid wraparound problem is not so serious with user tables.
--
Tatsuo Ishii