Re: pg_hba.conf caching

От Karel Zak
Тема Re: pg_hba.conf caching
Дата
Re: pg_hba.conf caching  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-patches
On Fri, Jul 20, 2001 at 08:31:02PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Attached is a patch that caches the non-comment contents of pg_hba.conf
> as a List of list of tokens.  It uses that to test each authentication

  Means it cached are tokens only (and it save lexical analyze for
postmaster children), and final parsing (syntax analyze) running always?

 If I'm right: why not store to memory some final structs with config
file content? And for example things like 'strcmp(token, "password")'
run only once during postmaster startup.

            Karel

--
 Karel Zak  <zakkr@zf.jcu.cz>
 http://home.zf.jcu.cz/~zakkr/