Re: OID wraparound (was Re: pg_depend)

От J-P Guy
Тема Re: OID wraparound (was Re: pg_depend)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Hiroshi Inoue wrote:

> Do you need the following ?
>
> visco=# select oid from pg_class where relname =
> 'pg_log';
>  oid
> ------
>  1269
> (1 row)
>
> I'm afraid of misunderstanding.

Sorry my question was wrongly asked.
What I need is a unique OID for my new system table
that is reserved for that table?
A new Id that is not used by anything else, and that
will never be used.
(The reference to pg_log was just to show the
similarity of what I need).

N.B. I can't just
#select oid from pg_class
and take one that is not there, since I don't know if
the oid I choose will be used by something else in the
system??

Thanks for your help,
J-P