Re: Idea: recycle WAL segments, don't delete/recreate 'em

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Idea: recycle WAL segments, don't delete/recreate 'em
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Nonetheless, at some point an old WAL segment will become deletable
> (unless you have infinite space on your WAL disk).  ISTM that at that
> point, it makes sense to consider recycling the file rather than
> deleting it.

Of course, if you plan to keep your WAL files on the same drive, you
don't really need point-in-time recovery anyway because you have the
physical data files.  The only case I can keeping WAL files around for
point-in-time is if your WAL files are on a separate drive from the data
files, but even then, the page images should be stripped out and the WAL
archived somewhere else, hopefully in a configurable way to another
disk, tape, or networked computer.

Pennsylvania19026