Re: JDBC - DatabaseMetaData.getTables() null pointer exception

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: JDBC - DatabaseMetaData.getTables() null pointer exception
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Download newer version at:

    http://jdbc.fastcrypt.com

This bug is fixed.

> Dave Antal (dantal@vigilos.com) reports a bug with a severity of 2
>
> Short Description
> JDBC - DatabaseMetaData.getTables() null pointer exception
>
> Long Description
> When you pass the DatabaseMetaData.getTables() method a types array that contains "VIEW" a null pointer exception is
generated.This is in the JDBC driver that is with Postgres 7.1.2.  This is caused by the code not checking for a View
typeon the relkind column returned from the select of pg_class. The code example below contains a version of the method
witha fix in place.

> Sample Code
>   /**
>    * Get a description of tables available in a catalog.
>    *
>    * <p>Only table descriptions matching the catalog, schema, table
>    * name and type criteria are returned. They are ordered by
>    * TABLE_TYPE, TABLE_SCHEM and TABLE_NAME.
>    *
>    * <p>Each table description has the following columns:
>    *
>    * <ol>
>    * "VIEW", "SYSTEM TABLE", "GLOBAL TEMPORARY", "LOCAL
>    * TEMPORARY", "ALIAS", "SYNONYM".
>    * </ol>
>    *
>    * <p>The valid values for the types parameter are:
>    * "TABLE", "INDEX", "SEQUENCE", "SYSTEM TABLE" and "SYSTEM INDEX"
>    *
>    * @param catalog a catalog name; For org.postgresql, this is ignored, and
>    * should be set to null
>    * @param schemaPattern a schema name pattern; For org.postgresql, this is ignored, and
>    * should be set to null
>    * @param tableNamePattern a table name pattern. For all tables this should be "%"
>    * @param types a list of table types to include; null returns
>    * all types
>    * @return each row is a table description
>    * @exception SQLException if a database-access error occurs.
>    */
>   public java.sql.ResultSet getTables(String catalog, String schemaPattern, String tableNamePattern, String types[])
throwsSQLException

От: pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org
Сообщение: JDBC - DatabaseMetaData.getTables() null pointer exception
От: "Joel G Guevara"
Сообщение: bug report: tuple is too big