Re: New SQL Datatype RECURRINGCHAR

От Jan Wieck
Тема Re: New SQL Datatype RECURRINGCHAR
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
David Bennett wrote:
> Alex,
>
> I think I fully understand your position. Let me put wrap up our
> conversation so far.
> [lots of arguments for recurringchar]
   All  I've  seen  up  to  now  is  that you continue to mix up   simplification on the user side with data and
contentcontrol   on  the DB designer side.  Do the users create all the tables   and would have to create the views, or
isthat more  the  job   of someone who's educated enough?

   And  about  the multiple lookups and storage of new types, we   have procedural languages and database triggers.
   This is no personal offense, but I  just  don't  see  why  we   should  adopt non-standard MySQLism for
functionalitythat is   available  through  standard  mechanisms   with   alot   more   flexibility and control.

Jan