Query rewriting limit needs to be a little bigger or tunable

От pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org
Тема Query rewriting limit needs to be a little bigger or tunable
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
José María Fernández González (jmfernandez@cnb.uam.es) reports a bug with a severity of 2

Short Description
Query rewriting limit needs to be a little bigger or tunable

Long Description
We are doing an extensive use of rule system, so it is usual a rule is fired from inside another rule, so today we have
reachedmax limit of rewrites. We have changed inside rewriteHandler.c file the definition of REWRITE_INVOKE_MAX to
followwith our deveolpments, and we think 15 or 20 could be a better value. Also, if this parameter could be tunable
(forexample, from postgresql.conf file) it would be fantastic.

Sample Code

No file was uploaded with this report