Re: Cross database foreign keys

От Jan Wieck
Тема Re: Cross database foreign keys
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Morgan Curley wrote:
> Does anyone know if it is possible to connect to a differernt db from
> within a plsql function.
> I have multilple inter-related schemas and want to enforce some fk
> relationships.

    PL/pgSQL  doesn't support external database connects. PL/TclU
    does.

    But keep in mind that with this kind of setup you don't  have
    two  phase  commits,  and  that  updates  done through such a
    trigger (e.g. cascades)  will  not  rollback  if  your  local
    update does so after it got fired, because you have to commit
    the remote transaction before you know if your local one ever
    will.

Jan