Re: libpq++ on Windows

От Christian Ullrich
Тема Re: libpq++ on Windows
Дата
Re: libpq++ on Windows  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-interfaces
* Peter Eisentraut wrote on Sunday, 2001-07-01:

> Christian Ullrich writes:
>
> > - The additions to config.h.in and config.h.win32 are not very elegant,
> >   especially config.h.in. But I need to export the classes, and that's
> >   the only way to go.
>
> Why not put the addition to config.h.in into config.h.win32?  When doing a
> native Win32 build config.h.in isn't used anyway.

Because the '#define DLLAPI' in config.h.in -- from which the
config.h for Unix and Cygwin/Win32 builds is generated -- is
necessary to make the compiler happy about the modifications
to the class declarations.

When building the DLL with MSVC I need to export the classes,
and I don't think I can do that with .DEF files, so I must
put __declspec(dllexport) into the class declarations. But
because gcc will choke on them, I define them empty for gcc builds.

--
Christian Ullrich             Registrierter Linux-User #125183

"Sie können nach R'ed'mond fliegen -- aber Sie werden sterben"