Re: Using the extract() function in plpgsql

От Kristis Makris
Тема Re: Using the extract() function in plpgsql
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On 21 Jun 2001 15:28:29 +0100, Richard Huxton wrote:
> From: "Kristis Makris" <kristis.makris@datasoft.com>
>
> > Hi Peter,
> >
> > Thanks for looking into this. I tried the CREATE TABLE AS syntax within
> > an EXECUTE command but I still get the same error message. The CREATE
> > TABLE AS docs mention that this syntax is "functionalily equivalent" to
> > the SELECT INTO, so it's no surprise that I get the same error message:
> >
> > NOTICE:  The execStmt is: CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE test AS SELECT
> > extract(epoch from interval '62 days 22:30:48')
> > ERROR:  EXECUTE of SELECT ... INTO is not implemented yet
>
> In the example above you can just CREATE the table then INSERT into it -
> avoids the whole issue. Is the example accurate?
>
> - Richard Huxton

Creating the temporary table first, and then inserting into it seems to
be a *somehow* functional workaround. However, the function cannot be
called again a second time during the same session, since the temporary
table already exists. Is there a way a table can be created  truly
temporary, existing only within the scope of a plpgsql function?

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: