Re: statically linked PL's

От Jan Wieck
Тема Re: statically linked PL's
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Alex Pilosov wrote:
> I was thinking that a solution to problems with all dynamically linked PLs
> (such as perl and python, which must be compiled as shared library to be
> usable), is to link them statically into postgres.
>
> Anyone disagrees? If not, I'll write some patches, probably by hacking
> dynloader to understand when things were already linked in...
   No  need  to  change  the  dynamic  linker.  The PL's handler   function must be defined in language  'internal'
instead of   'C'  then  and  this  must  be  done at initdb time. Just the   CREATE LANGUAGE would then control if a DB
hasit or not.

   Since it should IMHO be a compile time  config  option,  we'd   need  config  dependant entries in .bki files for
initdb,and   createlang/droplang must check  if  there  is  an  'internal'   handler in pg_proc before mucking with
it.

Jan