Table design issue....

От pierre@kahuna.versions.com
Тема Table design issue....
Дата
Re: Table design issue....  ("Josh Berkus" <josh@agliodbs.com>)
Список pgsql-sql
Hi all,

  I've got a situation where I need to be able to query for the
same sort of data across multiple tables. Let me give some example
tables then explain.

create table t1 (
  t_attr1 text[],
  t_attr2 text[]
);
create table a1 (
  a_attr1 text[],
  a_attr2 text[]
);
create table c1 (
  c_attr1 text[],
  c_attr2 text[],
  c_attr3 text[]
);

In each of the above tables *_attr*[1] contains a flag that determines
what type of attribute it is.
t1.t_attr1[1] == a1.a_attr2[1] == c1_.c_attr3[1] == FLAG
In otherwords, the attribute with the specific flag in quesiton is not
known at runtime, unless I keep a table with the column names and table
names setup. Also, new *1 tables could be created dynamically with new attr*'s,
and the number of columns within the tables isn't going to be the same.

What I need to be able to do is say something like:
"For ALL *1 tables with *_attr*[1] == FLAG return rows with
VALUE"

Ideas? Comments? Suggestions? Am I being crazy?

Pierre

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: