Re: question about PL/pgSQL function

От Jan Wieck
Тема Re: question about PL/pgSQL function
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Jack,
>
> >     select into rec1 * from EMP where empNo =''xxxx'';
> >     i1 :=  xxx(rec1,5);
>
> Bad syntax.  The correct syntax is:
>
>    SELECT * INTO rec1 FROM EMP WHERE empNo=''xxxx'';
>
> > 2. Is that possible to return a record from a function? And how do I
> > get the
> > returned record in PL/pgSql
>
> No, it is not possible.  I know the list archives are kinda hard to
> search, but we've discussed this question ad naseum; in fact, I just
> provided a workaround earlier this week.
   Not yet. In the current 7.2 development tree it's possible to   return a cursor opened inside of the procedure.
Maybe I  can   even improve it so you can open an empty cursor and *fill* it   like a tuple sink so to speak.  Mainly
dependson if and  how   we want to improve the capabilities of portals.

Jan