Re: Case Insensitive Queries

От tjk@tksoft.com
Тема Re: Case Insensitive Queries
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Can you please explain in little more detail? I am curious.

I haven't noticed any discussion about upper() being different from
lower() when it comes to such comparisons.  As far as I know, upper()
and lower() only operate on ascii characters a-z. If you are using the
default locale, neither function should have any impact on characters
in the extended ascii range.

If upper() and lower() operate on characters in 8859-1 and other character
sets when the appropriate locale is set, then a difference in the behavior
of upper() and lower() would seem like a bug.

If you can shed some light on this, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Troy