Re: Shortcut?

От darcy@druid.net (D'Arcy J.M. Cain)
Тема Re: Shortcut?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Thus spake Phuong Ma
> I'm running Postgres 7.1.  I read in the documentation that the from
> clause can be omitted from a select statement.  The example given in the
> documentation is:
> SELECT distributors.* WHERE name = 'Westwood';
>
> I tried it on tables in our database, but it doesn't work.  Is that part
> of earlier versions of Postgres?

I assume you mean this.
 SELECT distributors.* WHERE distributors.name = 'Westwood';

I know that this example from my own database works.

devel=# SELECT country.country_name
devel-#     WHERE country.country_id = province.country_id AND
devel-#         province.prov = 'ON';country_name
(1 row)

Can you tell me where you found that example.  I couldn't find it in the
documentation sources.