Re: [GENERAL] Charset and encoding

От Tatsuo Ishii
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Charset and encoding
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
> > datname   datdba    encoding    datpath
> > courses      26                  7      courses
>
> Hum. Look ok to me.
>
> > I have tested with LATIN1 - LATIN5 and I haven't got any result...
> > I'd need the Spanish 'ñ' (that is what I insert)...
> > Maybe I need to insert this character in a special way? The client is
> > set to the same encoding as the database is.
>
> Can I have a physical copy of your database so that I could dig into
> the problem? I mean an archive file using tar of whole contents of
> $PGDATA...
> --
> Tatsuo Ishii

I got data from Rosa, and tested with PostgreSQL 7.0.3/Linux/x86
configured with --enable-multibyte=LATIN1 --enable-locale.

test=# select * from test;
 name |    descr
 hola | Señalizacion
 hola | Señalizacion
 hola | Señalizacion
 hola | Señalizacion
(4 rows)

Seems ok to me. Maybe you have some probloems with your PostgreSQL
installation?
--
Tatsuo Ishii