Re: docbook problem

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: docbook problem
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
> > Bruce Momjian writes:
> >
> > > OK, I am farther now.  The problem now is that the output is streaming
> > > to my screen as flat text, rather than creating html.  Any ideas?
> >
> > This is a weird behaviour of jade if it can't read the style sheet.  You
> > need to add the DSSSL catalog to your SGML_CATALOG_FILES as well:
> >
> > export SGML_CATALOG_FILES=otherstuff:/some/where/dsssl.cat
>
> Still not working.  I don't have a dsssl.cat file.  I downloaded
> OpenJade, the ISO images (renamed as iso-*.gml), and downloaded the
> docbook 3.1 and Norman Walsh style sheets 1.64.
>
> I dumped the ISO and docbook 3.1 in the same directory, and put the
> Norman Walsh in a subdirectory called docbook.  Is that correct?

Got it working.

I did a Usenet search and someone mentioned having the Jade catalog file
in your SGML_CATALOG_FILES.  I didn't have it in there.  I only had
docbook and the Walsh style sheets.   In fact openjade 1.3 has in its
Makefile:

    $(TARGETS): FORCE
            @$(MAKE) -f Makefile do=$@ $(dodirs)
            @if test $@ = 'install'; then \
              $(LIBTOOL) --finish $(libdir); \
              mkdir -p $(datadir); \
              cp -f dsssl/builtins.dsl $(datadir); \
            fi;

This copies only the builtins.dsl file to /usr/local.  I made a
/usr/local/sgml/jade directory, put _all_ the /dsssl file in it, added
it to my SGML_CATALOG_FILES, and it worked.

So obvious, I don't know why I didn't think of it earlier.  NOT!  It is
software like this that give open source a bad name.  :-)

Is there some trick I missed that would make the dsssl files visible
more automatically?