Re: Autocommit off in psql??

От Paul Tomblin
Тема Re: Autocommit off in psql??
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Quoting Neil Conway (nconway@klamath.dyndns.org):
> Yes, just start an explicit transaction with "BEGIN" -- this disables
> autocommit (so when you want to commit your transaction, you'll need
> to do "COMMIT" by hand).

That brings to mind a couple of questions I had:

Can I just open a transaction, delete 100,000 rows in three tables, add
back 100,000 rows in three tables, and then end the transaction?  Even if
it takes two hours and 5,000 lines of Perl code to do it?  If so, how much
disk space am I going to need?  Would double the current used amount do
it?  And should I vacuum immediately afterwards?

--
Paul Tomblin <ptomblin@xcski.com>, not speaking for anybody
The WWW is exciting because Microsoft doesn't own it, and therefore,