Re: NT service design choices

От Jason Tishler
Тема Re: NT service design choices
Дата
Список pgsql-ports
Tom,

On Mon, May 21, 2001 at 04:50:06PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Jason Tishler <Jason.Tishler@dothill.com> writes:
> >> The last three would seem to be generally useful additions to cygrunsrv
> >> anyway.  I'm not sure what you mean by "dependency on other services".
>
> > The SCM will use this information to start/stop services in the right
> > order on system startup/shutdown or to automatically start a dependency
> > if it is not currently running.  For example, the Cygwin PostgreSQL
> > (i.e., postmaster) service is dependent on cygipc's ipc-daemon service.
>
> OK ... then that qualifies as a generically useful feature also,
> I should think.

Agreed.

> Surely that's not the only part of the Cygwin Unix
> emulation that's run as a service?

So far inetd and sshd are the only UNIX daemons from the core Cygwin
packages that are typically run as services.  I'm sure now that cygrunsrv
has been contributed, there will be a slew of them to follow suit.

Jason

--
Jason Tishler
Director, Software Engineering       Phone: 732.264.8770 x235