starting postgres on red hat

От Mark Gordon
Тема starting postgres on red hat
Дата
Список pgsql-novice

PLEASE IGNOR MY PREVIOUS POST ..... I FOUND THE ANSWER IN THE EARLIER
MESSAGES....

SORRY!!!!!!

Running redhat 7.1

I am using JDBC to access my postgres database.  If i use the
/etc/init.d/postgressql start shell script the database does not start
with the -i option for tcp/ip access.

I added the -i option to the portion of the script below bit it didn't
work.

               echo -n "$PSQL_START"
                su -l postgres -c "LC_ALL=C /usr/bin/pg_ctl  -D $PGDATA
-p /usr/bin/postmaster start >/dev/null 2>&1" < /dev/null
                sleep 1
                pid=`pidof postmaster`

If I start the postmaster from a shell with the -i option it works fine.

Thanks,

Mark (mark@telesoft.com)