references fail over rows inserted via inherited tables

От pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org
Тема references fail over rows inserted via inherited tables
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Diego Saravia (dsa@unsa.edu.ar) reports a bug with a severity of 4

Short Description
references fail over rows inserted via inherited tables

Long Description
When you insert a row via an inherited table, with 7.1.1, you can see in the parent table.

But when you try to insert a reference to that value you can't.

Sample Code
/*I have a problem with inherited primary keys

When I referenced a primary key inserted via an inherited table
it gives you an error

Is this the right way?

Example
*/

select version();
/*                            version
 PostgreSQL 7.1.1 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC 2.95.2
(1 row)
*/

create table persona(
 id serial primary key,
 nombre text
);

create table usuario(
 alias text
) inherits (persona) ;

insert into usuario (alias,nombre) values ('no','NO');

insert into persona (nombre) values ('SI');

select * from persona;

/*
 id | nombre
----+--------
  2 | SI
  1 | NO
(2 rows)
*/

select * from usuario;

/*
 id | nombre | alias
----+--------+-------
  1 | NO     | no
(1 row)
*/

create table trabajo(
 titulo text,
 propietario integer references persona                                       );

insert into trabajo (titulo,propietario) values ('capaz',1);

/*ERROR:  <unnamed> referential integrity violation - key referenced from trabajo not found in persona   */

insert into trabajo (titulo,propietario) values ('capaz',2);

select * from trabajo;

/*
 titulo | propietario
--------+-------------
 capaz  |           2
(1 row)
*/

create table trabajo2(
 titulo text,
 propietario integer references usuario                                       );

/*
ERROR:  PRIMARY KEY for referenced table "usuario" not found

I think that this is also not Ok

*/

No file was uploaded with this report