Re: search for groups with a user

От george young
Тема Re: search for groups with a user
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Wed, 16 May 2001 11:49:40 +0300
Martín Marqués <martin@bugs.unl.edu.ar> wrote:
> I have to search for which groups a certain user is in. I found out that the
> field grolist is of type INT[] (array of integers with reference to the
> uids). To search through the array I need a module which is in contrib/array,
> which I found, but how do I use it? What do I have to do to be able to do
> searches on arrays in the WHERE clause?
In postgresq-7.0.3, I did:

cd contrib/array
make
make install

[I'm not certain the following is necessary, but if you get errors it might fix things]
psql -d yourdb -f array_iterator.sql
[or whereever install put it]

Then, just try something like:
select groname from pg_group g, pg_user uwhere g.grolist *= u.usesysid and       u.usename = 'young' ; groname
------------supervisororiginatoroperator
(3 rows)

showing that I'm in those three groups.

I hope this helps,-- George