Re: Invoices

От Louis-David Mitterrand
Тема Re: Invoices
Дата
Список pgsql-general
* On Thu, May 03, 2001 at 07:45:23PM -0400, Vince Vielhaber wrote:
> On Thu, 3 May 2001, Ludwig Meyerhoff wrote:
>
> > Hallo!
> >
> > Maybe this is a bit off-topic, as this problem is more a "design"-one, but
> > I wanted to write a web-application write invoices more easy. I wonder if
> > it was a good idea to try this using Postgres or if it was better to write
> > the data of each invoice in a separate file in a separate directory.
> >
> > I doubt it was a good idea to put all the data into one database like
>
> I wrote a couple of programs for various projects to do this (one was
> for someone else so I can't release it).  I kept all the data in their
> own tables - account info in the account table, customer info in the
> customer table, etc. - and put the data together as I generated the
> invoice.  Simple, huh?  Not exactly.
>
> Here's where the problem arises.  You can create a really good looking
> invoice, in fact you can create a whole bunch of really good looking
> invoices.  What you can't do with a web app is send a form feed to the
> printer!

Yes you can. Try the CSS2 reference manual:

    13.3 Page breaks

    The following sections explain page formatting in CSS2. Five properties
    indicate where the user agent may or should break pages, and on what
    page (left or right) the subsequent content should resume. Each page
    break ends layout in the current page box and causes remaining pieces of
    the document tree to be laid out in a new page box.

And it works, we use it in our own app.

--
    OENONE: Elle vient.
 HIPPOLYTE: Il suffit : je la laisse en ces lieux,