Re: [BUGS] Doc bug undefined special characters

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [BUGS] Doc bug undefined special characters
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
> In the PostgreSQL 7.1 Tutorial, filename relmodel-oper.html,
> the HTML special characters ∣ and ∖ are used.  They
> are not recognized by either Netscape 4.76 or IE 5.5 and I cannot
> find them in any of my HTML reference books.

Yes, I see that too.  I also see mentions of π and σ.

My guess is that they were added to generate proper PDF/Postscript.  I
just checked the PDF and Postscript for this in 7.1.  Some of the
symbols are OK, but many are not right, like o` for SIGMA.   It seems
that is not working 100% either.

Guys, how should we handle these?