Re: General ISA and Foreign Key

От Oliver Elphick
Тема Re: General ISA and Foreign Key
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
BOUCHPAN-LERUST-JUERY Lionel wrote: >In SQL I have the following tables > >CREATE TABLE film( >VisaExploitation INTEGER
NOTNULL, >DureeTournage INTEGER NOT NULL, >Titre VARCHAR( 50 ), > >PRIMARY KEY ( VisaExploitation ) ); >CREATE TABLE
filmHistorique(>NbCostume INTEGER >) INHERITS ( film ); > >create table filmDocumentaire( > ) INHERITS ( film ); > >I
havea weak entity: > >CREATE TABLE copie( >NumCopie INTEGER NOT NULL, >VisaExploitation INTEGER NOT NULL, >PRIMARY KEY(
VisaExploitation,NumCopie ), >FOREIGN KEY( VisaExploitation ) REFERENCES film ON DELETE CASCADE ); > >The problem is I
haveto be able to have the constraint on  >both 2 and 3 and I can't figure how to implement this.

You can't do this at present, because there is no support for a foreign
key constraint on an inheritance hierarchy (it is a major defect with the
current implementation of inheritance).

Although inheritance is conceptually correct, the lack of implementation
suggests an alternative course:

"film" should contain a row for every film and "filmHistorique" and
"filmDocumentaire" should have foreign key constraints on "film".  You
could maintain the contents of "film" by triggers on the other two tables.

========================================   "Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give     place unto
wrath.For it is written, Vengeance is      mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. Therefore if thine     enemy hunger,
feedhim; if he thirst, give him drink;     for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his      head. Be not
overcomeof evil, but overcome evil with      good."      Romans 12:19-21

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: