Re: Using ORDER BY with AGGREGATE/GROUP BY in a SELECT statement

От David D. Kilzer
Тема Re: Using ORDER BY with AGGREGATE/GROUP BY in a SELECT statement
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Okay, I found a workaround for PostgreSQL 7.0.3 for the specific query I
was working on below, but I'd still like to know if an ORDER BY clause
will ever be allowed with an aggregated SELECT statement, and whether it
would generally be more efficient to use an ORDER BY in the situation
described below instead of a subselect query.

Also, I realized after I sent the original message below that I could
work around the "no ORDER BY, LIMIT in subselect" limitation in
PostgreSQL 7.0.x using a subselect within a subselect, but then I'd
just be abusing the database engine, not finding a real-world
solution.  :^)

Thanks!

Dave

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: