Re: Perl Scope problem

От Jeff Duffy
Тема Re: Perl Scope problem
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 3 May 2001 11:12:22 -0500, will trillich alluded:

> On Thu, May 03, 2001 at 08:39:18AM -0400, Michelle Murrain wrote:

>  "use vars" takes a list of package globals that you'd like
>  shortcuts for. instead of having to say 'my::package::name::var'
>  every time you can just say $var instead.

 Yes, but that (as you mention) still leaves the question of how code that
looks like:

use strict;
$cust_data = {};

even compiles, since he should have gotten a

 'Global symbol "$cust_data" requires explicit package name..'

compile-time error.

 As noted, the the vars pragma is one way around the issue. If you're using
perl 5.6.0 or higher, you can also use the 'our' declaration, which creates a
lexically (not package) scoped global variable, which is very useful for
creating globals you don't want to keep around for the length of the program.

Jeff