Re: Readysetnet FTP mirror broken

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Readysetnet FTP mirror broken
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
> On Thu, 3 May 2001, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> > If from the mirror's page, I click on the US mirror:
> >
> >     ftp://postgresql.readysetnet.com/pub/postgresql/
> >
> > it comes right back with no change in the page.  Looks broken.
>
> I can't get on right now 'cuze it has a limit of 60 users and there
> are 60.  What exactly did you see and what did you expect to see?
> They rsynced both FTP and Web mirrors a few mins after 5 this am.
> When you see multiple flags for a mirror, the left most (when reading
> left to right, top to bottom like a book) is the mirror that rsynced
> most recently - with the exception of www.ca which is hub.  If they
> haven't rsynced within the last 48 hours of the time you bring up the
> page, the flag for that mirror is dropped from the page.

[ CC'ed to docs.]

This does help.  My problem with readyset.net is that I tried it as an
FTP mirror, and it just comes back to the original page.  I thought if
the limit was exceeded, it would display some error message.

Good to know ca. is hub.org.

My bigest problem is that I commited some changes yesterday to:

    http://www.ca.postgresql.org/devel-corner/docs/admin/kernel-resources.html#SYSVIPC

and I don't see them today.  I wanted to send the URL to someone for a
comment.  I also looked for snapshot tarballs, and couldn't find
anything newer than April 8.  I just looked at the logs and it seems I
introduced some problem here:

    openjade  -D . -D ./ref -D ./../graphics -d stylesheet.dsl -i output-html -t sgml postgres.sgml
    openjade:runtime.sgml:1639:8:E: character data is not allowed here
    openjade:runtime.sgml:1646:13:E: end tag for "LISTITEM" omitted, but OMITTAG NO was specified
    openjade:runtime.sgml:1591:6: start tag was here
    openjade:runtime.sgml:1646:13:E: end tag for "VARLISTENTRY" omitted, but OMITTAG NO was specified
    openjade:runtime.sgml:1589:5: start tag was here
    openjade:runtime.sgml:1646:13:E: end tag for "VARIABLELIST" omitted, but OMITTAG NO was specified
    openjade:runtime.sgml:1587:4: start tag was here
    openjade:runtime.sgml:1647:16:E: end tag for element "LISTITEM" which is not open
    openjade:runtime.sgml:1648:19:E: end tag for element "VARLISTENTRY" which is not open
    openjade:runtime.sgml:1651:18:E: document type does not allow element "VARLISTENTRY" here; assuming missing
"VARIABLELIST"start-tag
    openjade:runtime.sgml:1828:9:E: end tag for element "PARA" which is not open
    gmake[1]: *** [postgres.html] Error 1
    gmake[1]: *** Deleting file `postgres.html'

I will get that fixed now.

Also, I like the way you have that configured.  Very nice, droping
inactive mirrors and stuff.