Re: Re: On the _need_ to vacuum...

От Paul M Foster
Тема Re: Re: On the _need_ to vacuum...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, Apr 28, 2001 at 10:22:53PM -0700, Alfred Perlstein wrote:

> * geustace@godzone.net.nz <geustace@godzone.net.nz> [010428 21:44] wrote:
> > I am rather staggered by a developer considering it necessary to
> > attempt to cooerce the core development team into including a patch.
>
> I'm assuming you refer to the updated page at:
> http://people.freebsd.org/~alfred/vacfix/

I have to agree with this. Alfred's free to do what he likes. I don't
recall that he mentions whether this patch is Open Source. If it isn't,
then this is all moot. It can't be included in PostgreSQL because of
licensing issues. If it _is_ Open Source, then Alfred is free to charge
for it. _However_, he makes the threat of potential legal action if you
should broadly disseminate a previously downloaded copy of the patch.
That's not only not Open Source, it's ANTI- Open Source. On that basis
alone, I would be averse to including it in PostgreSQL. The coercion
issue is secondary and childish.

Paul