Re: Re: running pgaccess on localhost

От Oliver Elphick
Тема Re: Re: running pgaccess on localhost
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Joel Burton wrote:
  >On Fri, 27 Apr 2001, Mike Goetz wrote:

  >> I'm trying to run pgaccess on a database I've created, and I get the
  >> following error:
  >>
  >> PostgreSQL error message: Connection to database failed
  >> PQconnectPoll() -- connect() failed: Connection refused
  >> Is the postmaster running (with -i) at 'localhost' and accepting
  >> connections on TCP/IP port '5432'?

  >The fact that you're running pgaccess from a term window doesn't mean that
  >pgaccess connects to PG w/a local socket.
  >
  >Someone may know how to configure pgaccess to use a local socket. If not,
  >use the -i switch, and edit $PGDATA/pg_hba.conf to block access from other
  >machines. (This is the default setting.)

When pgaccess's connection dialog appears, remove any entry from the
host field.  If this is empty, pgaccess will connect through the Unix socket;
if it has anything at all in it, it will use TCP/IP.

     "Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you.
      Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your
      hearts, ye double minded."        James 4:8