COPY syntax in ColdFusion

От Eugene Lee
Тема COPY syntax in ColdFusion
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Does anyone have experience using the COPY command in ColdFusion to
populate a table?  Doing it from the command line is easy, but I can't
seem to get the right syntax within a ColdFusion query.  I have a table
called "category":

    # \d categories
        Table "categories"
     Attribute  |   Type   | Modifier
    ------------+----------+----------
     productid  | text     |
     category   | text     |
     catid      | smallint |
     index      | smallint |

And this is the ColdFusion code I'm using:

    <CFQUERY NAME="populatetablequery" DATASOURCE="productdb" DBTYPE="ODBC">
    COPY categories FROM STDIN ;
    304 ALUM    Aluminum    1    1
    9415    Aluminum    1    2
    324    Aluminum    1    3
    \.
    </CFQUERY>

If I cut-and-paste the query, it works.  But within ColdFusion, I get
this PostgreSQL error:

    Apr 27 00:42:05 localhost logger: ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "304"
    Apr 27 00:42:05 localhost logger: pq_recvbuf: unexpected EOF on client connection
    Apr 27 00:42:05 localhost logger: ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "304"
    Apr 27 00:42:05 localhost logger: pq_flush: send() failed: Broken pipe
    Apr 27 00:42:05 localhost logger: pq_recvbuf: unexpected EOF on client connection

This is with PostgreSQL 7.1.  For the best performance and avoiding
server timeouts, I'd rather not insert one record at a time.  Anyways,
thanks in advance for any tips.

--
Eugene Lee
eugene@anime.net