anyone else with mod_perl/apache and 7.1

От newsreader@mediaone.net
Тема anyone else with mod_perl/apache and 7.1
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I recently upgraded my production server
to 7.1 because people keep saying how
performance is so much better than 7.0.3
and because 8k row length limitation was removed

postgres is accessed by mod_perl processes
maintaining persistent connections.  Before
I can count the number of mod_perl processes
and the number of postgres backend processes
and they are the same.  Now postgres
processes outnumber mod_perl processes by
about 25% and for some reason the number
of processes (both mod_perl and postgres)
keep increasing beyond what is normal for the same
amount of traffic at my site.

Anyone else notice that?

Thanks