Re: Trusted plperl

От Christopher Masto
Тема Re: Trusted plperl
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Apr 20, 2001 at 03:42:24PM -0400, msteele@inet-interactif.com wrote:
> Has anyone managed to compile a trusted plperl interpreter
> into postgres? The Opcode stuff which blocks the use of
> external modules, and 99% of perl's built-in operators
> really bugs me :(

Unfortunately, without support for actually talking to the database
(doing queries, etc.), plperl is not that useful for us.  I did once
wish I could have used it for a wrapper around Date::Manip, but then
realized the subset of functionality I actually needed was available
without it.
--
Christopher Masto         Senior Network Monkey      NetMonger Communications
chris@netmonger.net        info@netmonger.net        http://www.netmonger.net

Free yourself, free your machine, free the daemon -- http://www.freebsd.org/