Re: password authentication

От Tim Frank
Тема Re: password authentication
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Phuong,

    The pg_hba.conf has a lot to do with authentication.  I strongly suggest
you read through the internal documentation in the file itself, as well
as the sections in the 7.1 docs.  They explain the system very well.

    The shortcut to the answer is you probably are using "trust"
authentication which means it doesn't check passwords at all.  As I said,
read the examples in the file and in the docs and I'm sure you will
figure it out.  Also remember that the FIRST authentication method that
matches in the pg_hba.conf file is the one that is used for a given
combination of DB, IP, MASK, auth method, etc.

Tim Frank

On 19/04/01, 7:36:19 PM, pma@commandprompt.com (Phuong Ma) wrote
regarding password authentication: