Another qs Re: drastic reduction in speed of inserts as the table grows

От Rini Dutta
Тема Another qs Re: drastic reduction in speed of inserts as the table grows
Дата
Список pgsql-general
--- Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Rini Dutta <rinid@rocketmail.com> writes:
> > Here is the performance statistics on the same
> table.
> > Note the fall in performance as the test proceeds.
>
> Try 7.1.  I think you are running into the
> lots-of-pending-triggers
> problem that was found and fixed awhile back.
>
>             regards, tom lane

If the degrading performance issue is solved, are JDBC
and C still expected to show similar performance in
case of inserts ? I"ll probably try it out but just
wanted to know if anybody already has an insight in to
this.

Rini