Re: Problem with function invocation

От will trillich
Тема Re: Problem with function invocation
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Apr 16, 2001 at 03:43:23PM +0200, DaVinci wrote:
>  Hello.
>
>  When I create next function:
>
>      create function pilpot() returns integer as '
>         declare
>             foo integer;
>         begin
>             foo = insert into aviso(user) values(1);
>             return foo;
>         end;
>     ' language 'plpgsql';

don't assignments have to be pascal-style, with a colon?

    var := expression + some / value ;

and then, doesn't the rhs (right-hand side) have to return a
value? i don't think insert does return anything pertinent
(except in psql where you can see the oid and the 'record count'
[or is it more like an 'activity count'?]).  <== do i get a prize
for the most-consecutive punctuation within an english-text
paragraph? :)

--
don't visit this page. it's bad for you. take my expert word for it.
http://www.salon.com/people/col/pagl/2001/03/21/spring/index1.html

will@serensoft.com