Re: bpchar type

От will trillich
Тема Re: bpchar type
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Apr 16, 2001 at 04:39:50PM +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Patrick Dunford writes:
>
> > Zeos Database Explorer shows the type of these fields to be "bpchar", is
> > this a Postgres data type?
>
> bpchar is the internal name for char().

short for "blank-padded character". as opposed to varchar, which
is either "null-padded char" or "variable-length char" but we
don't have to worry about which. then there's text... hmm!

--
don't visit this page. it's bad for you. take my expert word for it.
http://www.salon.com/people/col/pagl/2001/03/21/spring/index1.html

will@serensoft.com