Re: initdb problem...

От Jason Tishler
Тема Re: initdb problem...
Дата
Список pgsql-ports
On Thu, Apr 12, 2001 at 09:26:48AM -0400, chris markiewicz wrote:
> uname -r returns 1.3.0s(0.37/3/2)
>
> is that significant?

Yes, the above indicates that you are running a snapshot -- this is
good.

> Looks like we're still having the same problem, even after grabbing the most
> recent dll and changing our PGDATA value.

I think that I know what your problem is.  Did you forget to start the
ipc-daemon?  This must be running whenever postmaster is running.
Otherwise, initdb, postmaster, etc. will hang.

Jason

--
Jason Tishler
Director, Software Engineering       Phone: +1 (732) 264-8770 x235