Re: System tables

От will trillich
Тема Re: System tables
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Apr 12, 2001 at 09:35:34AM +0400, Michael Kuzminov wrote:
> Tell please, where I can take the description of the system tables. I need
> to make inquiries for obtaining the information about the table, fields of
> the table and so on.
> There can be at whom that is already such inquiries ready, I shall be very
> grateful

in psql, you can see system tables via

    \dS

and if you start psql like this

    psql -E

it'll show you the behind-the-scenes SQL it uses for any \d*
command you care to throw at it -- very illuminating.

on my debian (2.2 = potato) system the docs that came with
postgresql are under /usr/share/doc/postgresql-doc/html/* .

if you have the docs installed, you'll find, under the
programmer's guide, in section 3, "about the System Catalogs".
that might get you started, but it's not light reading...

--
americans should never read anything so subversive as what's at
http://www.salon.com/people/col/pagl/2001/03/21/spring/index1.html

will@serensoft.com