Re: update tables in remote db using trigger

От Jan Wieck
Тема Re: update tables in remote db using trigger
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Marc Wrubleski wrote:
>  Hi Rod,
>
> This sounds nifty, but I'm wondering about the speed of such an operation.
> Our design calls for a system that can do this one operation (over and
> above all the other DB queries) 28 times per second.
>
> What sort of performance are you getting out of this setup. Could it
> handle 28 calls per second without bringing the system to it's knees?

    PL/TclU  can  do  it  directly. It's the unsafe big sister of
    PL/Tcl and you can load libpgtcl to pg_connect and pg_exec to
    remote databases.

    Remember that those remote updates will not be rolled back in
    the case of a later rollback in your local database. There is
    no way of 2-phase commit here.

Jan